Saturday, October 25, 2008

Maximus of Tyre

The creative force that we call God is impossible to circumscribe. But we can apprehend his presence by observing the beauty in this world. Maximus says that earthly lovers are content to observe something that reminds them of each other, but with God we are helped to be aware of Him by various marvelous creations, such as rivers and mountain.

We do not need to be angered by some who see things differently, and should be left to love God in any way we choose. There is room for all of us.

3 comments:

Hailey said...

I liked you post. I also enjoyed Maximus of Tyre.

Shay McNee said...

Short and sweet. That was a great summation of Maximus' thoughts.

jenisa said...

Your blog was short and sweet and I competely agree with your last paragraph. I wish more of the people I know thought like this, maybe they would be more accepting of my different views on life and religion. Thank you.