Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Muhammad

In the first part of this essay it seems possible that Muhammad identifies with Allah and his omnipotence. He speaks of "we" do this and "we" do that. I confess to being unable to discern what he means, except for this explanation. The Quran was a tremendous challenge for me and I gave up after many starts.

In the second part Muhammad discusses the more conventional (to me) concept of Allah as the great one who is able to pass judgements on us all, and created his world in seven days. He comes down from Heaven from his throne to watch over us.

2 comments:

Marine said...

Thank Allah! I'm going out of town this weekend and want to do my comments now. You are the only one besides myself that has done them. I also did Muhammad's passage and I could understand the Us>Him>I concept of everything is god and once one losses everything, they really gain everything.

Katy Cahill said...

I also found it hard to really grasp what he meant, that's why I skipped this one :)
I always go to your blogs first when I go to do comments because I really enjoy your point of view and reading what your thoughts on them :)