In this writing from "The Tibetan Book of the Dead" it mentions the luminosity around an individual slipping into death, and it is touching to realize the loving support the Buddhist faith provides at this poignant time.
When I first encountered this book many years ago, I had no knowledge of the death bed rituals which are used by the Tibetan Buddhists. If anything, these rituals struck me as somewhat repulsive, and the book ended up being contributed to the Goodwill store.
Since that time my understanding and appreciation for this kindly and gentle help at the end of life has increased immeasurably. I find it intriguing that many near-death experiences describe the light at the end of the tunnel, reminding me of the luminosity described by the monks as they provide help for the person slipping into death.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment